Friday, August 28, 2009

Frustrating

So Dustin and I are so excited to begin this journey, however I am so very frustrated with the costs. I don't know how people do it. I know without a doubt Dustin and I would be great parents and there are children all over the world without a home or parents, so why does it cost 25,000 dollars! We have the money to raise a child we just dont have 25,000 laying around! I know it will happen the way it is ment to, but still I just dont know how we are going to come up with the money. Thanks for letting me vent, I am better now :)

2 comments:

  1. From a fellow fundraising adopting mom - I agree about the cost of adoption and having the money to raise a child and not having the lump sum. I tell people that the child doesn't cost a dime. But the adoption agency is about 5K, the travel is about 5K, the orphanage is about 5K, and the paperwork is about 5K - but the child, well, we aren't paying for her - just everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith Liz! I found your blog on Adoptoin Voices! I too am frustrated with the adoption cost and fundraising is a great way to go. My husband and I have yard sales all the time and our last one raised $500 in just a few hours! Keep going! You'll find it. Have you considered fostering through your local childrens social services office? Hard and long road, but there is no cost associated with it and the rewards are immense!

    ReplyDelete